This is a sponsored post.
There were times when my kids were younger that I would mistakenly think that, when they were grown, I’d have more time on my hands to relax.
I didn’t consider that I’d have a job that requires me to travel often or that my husband has his own business.
And those kids?
They still need you – whether they’re grown or not.
Life changes, but does it ever really slow down?
Sometimes I need a break from all the busy. I’m sharing a few ways that I relax for a few minutes in my day, and maybe you’ll find them helpful, too.
13 Ways to Take Time for You
- Meet a friend once a week for coffee.
- Participate in a weekly bible study or book club.
- Binge-watch something on Netflix or Hulu.
- Learn different cooking techniques.
- Keep a journal.
- Get outdoors and take a hike.
- Adopt a pet. (I love on my cat. Yes- I have a feeling I will be THAT crazy cat lady.)
- Plan a getaway for you or your family.
- Take a photography walk.
- Shop at the local antique store or thrift store. Bargain hunters will love the Ohio antiques stores that are located throughout the state.
- Relax in a warm tub with a bath bomb.
- Get your hair or nails done. Or both.
Should I admit that watching This is Us or Stranger Things has become a guilty pleasure? While I don’t always have time to do any of those things on my list, there is one thing that I make sure I do each day. I take a 30-minute work break to focus on me.
With the changing season, and cooler temperatures, that often means I’m soaking up the sunshine on my back deck and enjoying the changing colors on the trees.
The “me-break” may also consist of listening to an audiobook, journaling, flipping through the pages of a magazine, meal planning (yes, I really do enjoy that task), talking to or texting a friend, and savoring a tasty treat or glass of wine.
What steps do you take to make time for yourself when life is busy?