This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SamsungUnlocked #CollectiveBias
As a travel blogger, my phone is an extension of me. I plan trips, make reservations, take and edit photos, and keep up with social media all from my phone; at home and on the road. With new phones that are able to do more and more, it’s important to me that I select the phone with the features I need and a phone that will provide the most advantages for me.
The Samsung Galaxy GS8 wasn’t even on my radar until a couple weeks ago when I spent a few days with friends, and fellow bloggers, at a mastermind retreat in Hocking Hills.
One blogger had recently switched from iOS to the Samsung Galaxy GS8 for one reason and one reason only- the camera. The camera on the GS8 takes amazingly clear photos that rival our heavy DSLR cameras.
I was impressed with the photos she captured with her phone and decided to look into the phone to see what other features the phone offered. This is what I found:
· The Samsung Galaxy GS8 features the world’s first Infinity Screen that stretches from edge to edge providing the biggest smartphone display available.
· The GS8 is a pro at taking low light photos and the autofocus front-facing camera takes professional grade selfies and candids.
· The GS8 features 360 capabilities and can record in 4K.
· The GS8 is water resistant and has a IP68 water resistant rating.
· The GS8 has fast charging options that won’t slow you down and keeps you connected. Charger sold separately.
· The GS8 allows room to grow, allowing you to expand storage up to 256GB with a microSD card. Sold separately.
Perhaps the best feature? The Samsung Galaxy GS8 is unlocked! What does this mean and why is it a big deal? When Unlocked by Samsung, the purchase of this phone allows you to choose your carrier, data plan, services, features and apps so your phone is just the way you want it. ¹
· Unlocked by Samsung smartphones work on multiple U.S. networks and if you’re heading overseas or out of the country, simply pop in a compatible SIM card and your device is ready for an adventure. ²
· A Samsung Unlocked purchase also comes with the standard U.S. limited warranty for your peace of mind. ³
· Finally, with fewer preloaded apps, you’re able to focus on the apps you NEED and not what your carrier thinks you need.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8+ are available online at Walmart which makes purchasing simple. I love to shop online when I’m in a time crunch and when I know exactly what I want. I was able to order my phone, the SG8, on Wednesday and it arrived at my home on Friday. Phone shopping doesn’t get any more convenient!
Look how easy it was to order my phone from Walmart. I simply found the SG8, added it to my cart and followed the prompts.
Within minutes, I had placed my order, received my confirmation number and my phone was on the way.
My phone was delivered on Friday and I was super excited to start using is. I started by adding some of my favorite travel apps.
My Top 3 Favorite Travel Apps
Have you ever wanted to know what’s coming up at the exits ahead of you on the highway? Me too. That’s why I use iExit. Not only does it allow me to see what is at all the exits coming up so I can find my favorite hotel or fast food places, you also have the option to pair it with GasBuddy (another favorite app). When paired with GasBuddy (for a $1.99 one-time fee), I can see the gas prices at each service station at each exit on my route.
To use iExit, simply download the FREE app from the Google Play store. After the app is installed you can start using it right away.
- You can search by your current location or have the option to search exits on nearby highways or by location.
- The app will verify your direction.
- Simply select your exit from the list provided.
- A list of gas stations, restaurants and local stores at and near the exit will by displayed.
As a history buff, I also find it interesting to see historical spots and attractions when I’m traveling. History Here by the History Channel will pull up everything (on the app) that is in your general location. From there you can opt to learn more.
Begin by downloading the FREE app from the Google Play store.
- After the app is installed you can start using it right away.
- History Here will pull attractions based on your current location. You have the option to search Places, Tours, Favorites (that you can save) or Surprise Me.
- View the attractions from a list.
- If you’d like to learn more about an attraction simply click the icon to the left and a screen will appear with more information.
Waze allows users to add traffic delays directly to the app so you can see if a route is obstructed due to construction, police stops, or an accident so you can determine if you need to reroute to avoid traffic delays.
- Download the FREE app and create an account.
- Enter your target destination. Waze will calculate the best route for you.
- Waze will also display traffic delays on your route as reported by other motorists.
Other favorite apps include RoadTrippers, TripAdvisor, and Netflix. While I LOVE RoadTrippers, I prefer to use it on my desktop and save it to my account so I can access it via the app on the road. TripAdvisor not only allows me to see the best deals on hotels rooms, it also allows me to read hotel, attraction and restaurant reviews on the road. Some are even very entertaining. Plus, if I get great service (or not), I can add a review directly from my app. While I rarely watch TV at home, I don’t mind catching up on some favorite shows when I travel and the app makes it easy to do that.
What are your favorite travel apps? And would you consider using them on the Samsung Galaxy 8?
Do you want to learn more about the Samsung Galaxy 8? Check out this short video.
¹ Wireless voice, data and messaging services on Samsung Unlocked Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge devices are compatible with most major U.S. GSM and CDMA networks. For these devices, wireless services are available on GSM networks such as AT&T and T-Mobile and CDMA networks such as Verizon, Sprint, and US Cellular®. Visit www.samsung.com for more information on your device. Support for certain features and services such as VoWiFi and hotspot, vary by wireless service provider. Wireless voice, data and messaging services on Samsung Unlocked Galaxy S6 and Galaxy J3 devices are compatible with most major U.S. GSM networks. For these devices, wireless services are available on GSM networks such as AT&T and T-Mobile. Visit www.samsung.com for more information on your device. Support for certain features and services such as VoWiFi and hotspot, vary by wireless service provider.
SIM card must be compatible with area’s available networks. International calling, data services and coverage vary by network provider. Contact provider for details.
.² This Samsung Unlocked phone will work on any GSM or CDMA compatible network. For these devices, wireless services are available on GSM networks such as AT&T and T-Mobile and CDMA networks such as Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular®. Support for certain rate plans, features, and services such as VoWiFi and hotspot vary by wireless service provider. SIM card must be compatible with area’s available networks. International calling, data services and coverage vary by network provider. Contact provider for details.
³ For more information on Samsung standard U.S. limited warranty, go to samsung.com/customersupport/xxx.
© 2017, Tonya Prater. All rights reserved.