If you’re looking for a romantic treehouses in Ohio you’ll find what you’re looking for right here at The Mohicans, Ohio’s treehouse village. My husband and I recently had the opportunity to stay overnight in one of the newest additions, a renovated vintage Airstream. Allow me to introduce you and give you a peek inside with this Silver Bullet Treehouse Review. My husband and I were provided a one-night stay in The Silver Bullet to share our experience with you. As always, all opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.
It’s not a secret that I adore The Mohican’s Treehouse Village.
I mean really, what is not to love about an adult-size treehouse?
I’ve been fortunate to visit the property and write about the treehouses on several occasions.
In fact, if you want to jump to those posts, you’ll find the links below, just remember to come back and read about the newest addition to the property which happens to be my favorite (though that could change in the future, after all, they do have more treehouses in the works).
For those who prefer to keep their feet firmly planted on the ground, you’ll find cabins as well. I’ve stayed in one of those too. Read my review of the Killbuck Cabin.
Now, let me give you a bit of background about myself. My husband and I are former full-time RVers. We lived in a motorhome that was all decked out in the fashionable mauve and blue color scheme of the eighties.
When we moved back into a house, I dreamt of buying and renovating a vintage Airstream camper.
You know what?
Dreamt may not be an accurate description.
No, I’d say obsessed is more like it.
In the long run, my husband and I decided full-time travel isn’t for us right now, but a girl can still dream, can’t she?
When I learned that The Mohican’s were working on a camper/treehouse combo featuring none other than a vintage Airstream, I knew I was going to love it.
I’m not gonna lie- my expectations were high for this romantic treehouse getaway.
And I was not disappointed.
The Silver Bullet at The Mohican’s Treehouse Village
The Silver Bullet is a renovated 1968 Airstream camper suspended on a platform 25-feet above the ground.
To access the camper, one must climb two flights of stairs onto a large deck which greatly expands the living space and instantly makes you think it would be perfect for entertaining a couple of friends on a nice spring or summer evening.
My husband and I visited on an unseasonably warm winter day so we were happy to snack and sip wine outdoors while soaking up the surrounding sights and sounds of nature.
While The Mohicans is a treehouse village, you almost get the feeling that you have the entire place to yourself. Some of the other treehouses are visible through the trees (as you’ll see from the photos if you look closely), but I’ve always found the other guests to acknowledge and adhere to the property rules of quiet time hours and no excessive music or noise so you are able to enjoy the quiet retreat-like setting.
Indoors, the beautifully restored camper features a bedroom with upgraded bedding (you won’t find a standard camper mattress here), dinette that is easily transformed into additional sleeping space, kitchen area, and what I like to call the entertainment bar that provides baskets for storage, some books to read, and a record player with a selection of vinyl records that includes artists like The Eagles, The Doors, and Reo Speedwagon.
I plopped myself down right there on the floor with my wine and listened to classic tunes to my heart’s content.
You may have noticed that I didn’t mention the bathroom and there is a reason for that. I’m not a fan of the cramped, tiny spaces called bathrooms in campers. Luckily, the folks at The Mohicans thought of that too.
You’re not going to find a cramped camper bathroom in this space. The Silver Bullet features a beautiful, attached bathroom built-on. You’ll find a large shower that easily accommodates two (why not consolidate and share that hot water) and it even has a sauna!
How many Airstreams or treehouses have you stayed in that had that feature?
Photo Tour of The Silver Bullet
Accessing your rental is a breeze. Before check-in, you’ll receive a code for a keyless entry. You’ll find the keypad for The Silver Bullet all the way to the front of the Airstream and around the corner where the bathroom addition is. Once you’re inside, you can opt to enter and exit the camper onto the deck either through the back/bathroom door or via the front door.
You’ll find a cute dinette on the patio and since we were there on such a nice evening, I found myself wishing that I’d thought to pack our hammocks from home. We easily could have hung out on the deck.
Each of the properties at The Mohicans is beautifully and thoughtfully decorated.
You’ll find dishes, glasses, stemware and coffee mugs for four. Along with hand soap, dishwashing liquid and hand towels.
You’ll also find plenty of reading material in case you get bored.
All the linens and pillows are provided and while you won’t find a standard camper mattress in The Silver Bullet, my husband and I both agreed that the bed wasn’t quite as comfortable as it has been in the other properties we’ve slept in.
The blankets though.
Every time I stay there I want to take them home with me, they are SO comfortable. I think The Mohicans should have an area on their website where they offer them for sale.
The bedroom was well-lit with more appropriate reading material.
We didn’t spend much time at the dinette since it was nice outside but if we would have decided to play cards or a board game it would have been perfect. The dinette also converts to a bed for two.
The decorative touches throughout the camper make it feel so comfortable.
And the lights are perfect for mood lighting.
The bathroom addition is huge and not at all what I had expected to find in the camper. In fact, the bathroom was one area of concern my husband had. We’ve lived in a camper. We know exactly how big the bathrooms are. Adding this was a great idea! The bathroom even has a sauna. We weren’t sure how to use it so we left that alone though I wish we would have figured it out because I do love a HOT, relaxing shower.
You’ll find plenty of towels provided.
Without the distractions of our cell phones or television, my husband and I settled down with our current reading selection as the sun began to set, and discussed plans for our upcoming van camping trip.
Music, a cheese board, wine, chocolate, and an unplugged evening with the man I love all adds up to equal one thing. Pure bliss.
I’ve always enjoyed our stays at The Mohicans, but I’m going to be honest here. It’s going to be really hard to top our stay in The Silver Bullet. I mean, how do you top perfection? Yes, I enjoyed our stay that much.
Now, before you go and reserve a night, there are a couple of things that you should know so I’ve compiled a couple of tips for you.
Tips for your Stay in The Silver Bullet Vintage Camper Treehouse and Other Treehouses at The Mohicans
- This property doubles as a popular wedding venue and the wedding party gets first dibs on the sleeping quarters. That means you’re not going to be able to book your treehouse prior to 60-90 days out. So if you’re a planner, sit tight and start checking for availability 3 months before you’d like to stay.
- Check for availability often. While The Mohicans do tend to fill up, it is possible that you’ll be able to snag a last-minute getaway. These are sometimes listed on their Facebook page so make sure you give them a like.
- Pay attention to the amenities for each individual property. While many are the same, there are a few differences from treehouse to treehouse. For example, I expected to find a TV in The Silver Bullet. It was a pleasant surprise that there wasn’t, but that could be a big deal for some. (Keep in mind, even with a TV, the property does not have cable so you’d want to pack a DVD or two to watch during your stay.)
- When I say unplugged, I mean unplugged. Verizon is the only cell service that works on the property and even then it’s really spotty. I tried to upload photos to my Facebook page and there was only one spot in the entire camper where I could eke out enough signal for that to happen- that would be on the left-hand side of the kitchen sink.
- Make sure you pack what you’ll need but don’t overdo it on the packing. While the parking area is pretty close to the treehouse, you will have to walk up quite a few stairs which may or may not be an issue. Since my husband is recovering from a back injury, I packed as light as possible.
- If you’re planning to dine out, know that the nearest restaurant is likely a 20-minute drive one way and your options are fairly limited. Plan to pack meals that you can easily prepare on a hot plate, or pack finger foods for a charcuterie board. It will taste great and goes well with the treehouse vibe.
What to Pack for a Stay in the Airstream Treehouse
While packing needs will vary from person to person, I do have a few recommendations to help you make the most out of your getaway.
- Soap, body wash & other toiletries
- A flashlight
- Robes (for the sauna)
- A good book
- A deck of cards
- Board games
- Your favorite Vinyl record
- A bottle of wine or beverage of choice
- Food & snacks
The Silver Bullet can be booked via the website or by contacting the office at (740) 599-9030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about availability.
The starting rate is $320 per night.
Have you ever stayed in a treehouse or an Airstream? Would you like to stay in The Silver Bullet?