Located in Pine Mountain, Georgia, Callaway Gardens is a special treat for the entire family. Whether you’re seeking some rest and relaxation amid the beautiful tranquil gardens and easy walking paths, or prefer a weekend of adventure, Callaway Gardens has just what you’re looking for. Here are ten reasons, you’re sure to love Callaway Gardens.
1. The history buff in the family will enjoy learning about the history of Callaway Gardens in the Virginia Hand Callaway Discovery Center or visiting the Pioneer Log Cabin that was constructed of hand-hewn logs around 1830.
2. The beautiful gardens, walking and bike trails that wind through the wooded grounds are perfect for the nature lover in the family.
3. Young and old alike will love the Cecil B. Day Butterfly Center and marvel with amazement at the 1,000 butterflies and moths you’ll see flitting about.
4. The Birds of Prey raptor shows are really something to see as the birds soar about unfettered at the Discovery Amphitheater.
5. With jugglers, acrobats and high-wire acts, the FSU Circus is sure to entertain you.
6. The brand new Light Striker Laser Tag attraction will get your heart pumping!
7. The Blaster Boats are really a blast!
8. Sun worshippers will love soaking up the rays at the world’s largest manmade white sand beach at Robin Lake Beach.
9. If you love watching Wipeout, here’s your chance to get in on a tiny piece of the action. Aqua Island is a large floating challenge course for you to slip, slide and climb all over.
10. The thrill seeker in your family will love the adrenaline pumping, heart thumping, TreeTop Adventure, a series of zip-lines built around an aerial challenge course that will literally have you swinging through the trees.
There you have it, ten reasons you’ll love Callaway Gardens and I haven’t even mentioned the fishing, golf course, tennis courts or water skiing that’s available. There really is something for everyone.
What do you think? Are you ready to plan your own getaway to Callaway Gardens yet?
This post is linked to OhAmanda and her Top Ten Tuesday link-up.
Disclaimer: My family was invited to Callaway Gardens, with a group of bloggers, for an expense paid getaway to check out one of the newest attractions, TreeTop Adventure in exchange for sharing our experiences on my blog and on Twitter. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not influenced by Callaway Gardens. We enjoyed our visit so much that we extended our stay (at our cost) one night to make sure we didn’t miss anything. Be sure to stop back later in the week as I share more detailed experiences from our visit.
© 2011 – 2016, Tonya Prater. All rights reserved.