About Travel Inspired Living
Travel Inspired Living began as the The Traveling Praters in 2009 and was never intended to be seen by outside eyes. Living in a 31-foot motor home with my husband, three homeschooled teenage children, and a rescued pound puppy, the blog began as a hobby and outlet to keep me, Tonya Prater, sane.
That was almost nine years ago. My family survived 18-months as full-time RV’ers, my kids have grown up and mostly moved out, and the blog has shifted from a personal journal to a valuable resource for those seeking tips and ideas on:
- Travel throughout the U.S.- especially road trips through destinations that are often overlooked
- Cooking in a Hotel Room for those that have food allergies or spend a lot of time on the road and get tired of fast food or dining out
- Travel throughout my home state of Ohio
- Unique places to stay in the U.S.- from castles, to teepees to treehouses
I also share:
- Travel Inspired Recipes, from guacamole to mocktails
- Travel Inspired Decor
Tonya is a wife, mom and author. When she’s not traveling, she’s at home spending time with her husband, taking her furbabies, Williard and Vincent on walks, and dreaming of how she plans to redecorate her son’s room and turn it into a travel-themed office.
Tonya started writing when she homeschooled her three children by serving as the newsletter editor for her local homeschool support group, Training Leaders for Christ. She also arranged field trips for the group when her family was not traveling with her husband’s job. She has spoken at her local and state homeschool conferences on the benefits of educational travel and written for The Old Schoolhouse Magazine and Family Fun. Tonya:
- is the author of Secret Cleveland: a Guide to the Weird, Wonderful and Obscure (this is an affiliate link).
- serves on Dollywood’s Insider Panel for the 2017- 2018 year.
- has been a speaker at the Bloggy Conference in 2016 and 2017 and small group leader at the 2:1 Conference in 2016.
- has spoken about travel at various other locations, including the Galion Public Library, CHEO (Christian Home Educators of Ohio), and the Ohio Travel Association.
- is the co-owner of Social Influencer Media, helping travel destinations to reach their target market with out of the box campaigns.
Connect with Travel Inspired Living
2017 has been a busy year. Two of my kids have now left home while the one remaining is rarely home, leaving my husband and I to adjust to life as empty nesters; well, almost. We’re debating on what to do with our newfound freedom and bounce back and forth between buying another RV or buying a home. Our minds change daily.
Our travel plans for 2018 include a New England van camping road trip and finally, a trip across the pond to Iceland and Europe, Lord willing.
You can read about the rest of the Praters by clicking through to read About My Family.
If you’re a reader with a question or suggestion, I’d love to hear from you! If you are a family-friendly brand, destination, service, or business and would like to partner with Travel Inspired Living, take a peek at my Media Kit and shoot me an email at [email protected] if you’d like to discuss how we can work together.
Sign up for our email reminders and you can follow Travel Inspired Living for more travel tips and reviews, recipes and decor inspired by travel and because I know you really want to know when that 300-mile bike ride will take place.