If you’d like to learn how you can work with me and have your product, destination or attraction covered on TravelInspiredLiving.com click here to see my Media Kit or email [email protected] for more information.
About Travel Inspired Living
Travel Inspired Living began as The Traveling Praters in 2009 and was never intended to be seen by outside eyes. Living in a 31-foot motorhome with my husband, three homeschooled teenage children, and a rescued pound puppy, the blog began as a hobby and outlet to keep me, Tonya Prater, sane.
That was almost nine years ago. My family survived 18-months as full-time RV’ers, my kids have grown up and mostly moved out, and the blog has shifted from a personal journal to a valuable resource for those seeking tips and ideas on:
- Family travel- whether that means traveling with teens, young adults or multigenerational trips
- Travel throughout the U.S.- especially road trips to destinations that are often overlooked
- Cooking in a Hotel Room for those that have food allergies or spend a lot of time on the road and get tired of fast food or dining out
- Exploring my home state of Ohio
- Unique attractions and places to stay in the U.S.- from castles to teepees to treehouses
- Empty Nest Travel- yes, more often then not, it’s just my husband and me
- Van Camping
Travel Inspired Living also shares:
- Travel Inspired Recipes, from guacamole to mocktails
- Travel Inspired Decor
Tonya is a wife, mom, and author. When she’s not traveling, she’s at home spending time with her husband, taking her furbabies, Williard and Vincent on walks, and dreaming of how she plans to redecorate her son’s room and turn it into a travel-themed office now that he’s no longer living at home.
Tonya started writing when she homeschooled her three children by serving as the newsletter editor for her local homeschool support group, Training Leaders for Christ. When her family wasn’t traveling with her husband’s job, she would also arrange field trips for her family and support group. Tonya has spoken at her local and state homeschool conferences on the many benefits of educational travel and written for The Old Schoolhouse Magazine, Family Fun, TravelingMom.com, and CampingTipsforEveryone.com.
- is the author of Secret Cleveland: a Guide to the Weird, Wonderful and Obscure (this is an affiliate link).
- serves on Dollywood’s Insider Panel for the 2017- 2018 year.
- has been a speaker at the Bloggy Conference in 2016 and 2017 and small group leader at the 2:1 Conference in 2016.
- has spoken about travel at various other locations, including public libraries, CHEO (Christian Home Educators of Ohio), and the Ohio Travel Association.
- is the co-owner of Social Influencer Media, helping travel destinations to reach their target market with out of the box campaigns
- is enrolled in the 2018 Ohio Travel Leadership Academy.
Connect with Travel Inspired Living
2017 has been a busy year. Two of my kids have now left home while the one remaining is rarely home, leaving my husband and I to adjust to life as empty nesters; well, almost. We’re debating on what to do with our newfound freedom and bounce back and forth between buying another RV or buying a home. Our minds change daily.
Our travel plans for 2018 include a New England van camping road trip and finally, a trip across the pond to Iceland and Europe, Lord willing.
You can read about the rest of the Praters by clicking through to read About My Family.
If you’re a reader with a question or suggestion, I’d love to hear from you! If you are a family-friendly brand, destination, service, or business and would like to partner with Travel Inspired Living, take a peek at my Media Kit and shoot me an email at [email protected] if you’d like to discuss how we can work together.
Sign up for our email reminders and you can follow Travel Inspired Living for more travel tips and reviews, recipes and decor inspired by travel and because I know you really want to know when that 300-mile bike ride will take place.