Are you thinking of spending Christmas in NYC and looking for ideas of things to do? We’re sharing ideas of things to add to your NYC Holiday Bucket List.”
The holidays are quickly approaching and that means there is a ton of festive events to get you in the mood for the Christmas season.
I don’t know about you, but I enjoy getting out of the house as often as possible to celebrate, enjoy the Christmas lights and if I must, marvel at the snow (at least once per year).
One of the places I would love to spend time this Christmas season is in the Big Apple. That’s right, I am referring to the city that never sleeps, New York City.
My daughter and I loved our last trip to the city and I’d love to return to see the cathedrals decorated for Christmas, drink another Frozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity and join Tony, of a Slice of Brooklyn Bus Tours, for another tour. Not his pizza tour this time, but the Brooklyn Christmas Lights Tour.
I’ve been told that one has never experienced the holidays until they’ve celebrated Christmas in NYC. Today I am going to share some of the amazing holiday festivities and events that occur in New York City during December that you won’t want to miss!
Things to do in NYC during the Holidays
- Radio City Christmas Spectacular:This iconic holiday show occurs at Radio City Music Hall. It’s an amazing festive show that includes both song and dance featuring the New York City Rockettes. If you’re looking for classic NYC Christmas, this is definitely a show you do not want to miss.
- The Nutcracker: New York City is pretty much known for amazing Broadway shows. There are a lot of variations of the famous Christmas ballet, the Nutcracker, all over the world but there is nothing quite like seeing the Nutcracker in New York. Check out George Balanchine’s Nutcracker performance and compare it to the others you’ve seen.
- Markets: Who doesn’t love walking around viewing beautiful Christmas lights while shopping? There are a ton of incredible Holiday-themed markets in New York City that are a definite must-visit. You may find just the special handcrafted item you’ve been looking for.
- Rockefeller Center Tree:If you’re going to be in NYC during the holidays, you should not miss the huge Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree lit up and shining brightly in the center of the city. This is a symbol of Christmas is sure to put you in the holiday spirit!
- Times Square Ball Drop: NYC is amazing for the whole holiday season, not just Christmas! The Times Square Ball Drop is definitely a once in a lifetime experience. Just imagine watching Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve in person!
If you are planning to visit NYC this holiday season, be sure to check out these amazing events and festivities. Don’t forget to visit some of the city’s most iconic tourist attractions while you’re there. You can save time and money with CityPASS. I’ve even written a sample 3-day New York City itinerary with a teens post if you’d like ideas of how to use it.
Have you visited NYC during the holidays? What did you enjoy most?
© 2015 – 2019, Tonya Prater. All rights reserved.