You may think that Columbus airport hotels are only for those utilizing the airport but after a recent stay at the Residence Inn Columbus Airport I found out that is not the case.
Located a short 8-minute drive from the North Market in the Short North, five miles to Easton, and in close proximity to other top Columbus attractions, this new pet-friendly property has amenities that will appeal to solo, couple, family or extended stay travelers.
What You Need to Know about Residence Inn Columbus Airport
I spent years traveling with my husband’s job and living in and out of hotel rooms and temporary apartments before we finally bought an RV and became full-time RVers.
I’ve stayed in hundreds of different hotels with different room layouts and amenities. Residence Inns have always been among our top picks for extended stay travel but you don’t have to be traveling for a long period of time to enjoy a stay at the new Residence Inn at the Columbus Airport.
Here are a few reasons why you’ll want to consider booking a stay at this hotel property.
1. This is the newest hotel at John Glenn International Airport.
The Residence Inn at the Columbus Airport opened last fall and who doesn’t enjoy a stay at a brand spanking new hotel?
2. This is an All-Suite Hotel.
Owned by the Columbus Regional Airport Authority, this all-suite property is the first extended-stay hotel at John Glenn International Airport. Each suite comes with a full kitchen and a layout that allows you separate spaces to eat, sleep and rest so you’ll feel right at home.
Some of the features I appreciated are:
- The kitchen had everything I needed and then some. You don’t have to rent pots and pans or utensils and you don’t even need to buy groceries if you don’t want to, the hotel offers a grocery delivery service so your favorite foods and beverages can be waiting on you when you arrive. Since our stay took place on Valentine’s Day, we had charcuterie and wine waiting on us.
- I also love that there is a table in chairs in the kitchen. My husband and I are two of those weird people that still sit down at the dining room table to eat so seating in the kitchen makes the stay that much more comfortable.
- Two, the suite my husband and I were in had a nice size closet. I’m one of those people who likes to have a place for everything. I found it here. I could tuck our cat carrier and luggage away and not have to look at it to remind me that I’m not at home.
- Three, I love that there was a mirror and vanity separate from the bathroom. It makes it much easier to get ready to go places when my husband and I are both up and trying to get ready at the same time in the morning.
3. The Hotel is Pet Friendly.
For a fee you can travel with your beloved pet; not just dogs, this property welcomes cats as well. Let me say, my cat, Finnley, loved the experience. There were even yummy Chicken bits cat treats from Nom Nom Nom waiting in our room to surprise Finn.
Those traveling with dogs will find a pet walk on the side of the hotel where waste bags and a trash receptacle are provided to make clean-up easy.
4. Great Amenities.
The property offers amenities that appeal to both the overnight traveler as well as those there for a longer stay. From grocery services to a full-service lobby bar, indoor pool, fitness center, outdoor grill and fire pit, putting green and laundry room, you’ll find that Residence Inn by Marriott has thought of everything.
5. Entertainment Built-in.
A fire-pit with runway views, indoor pool, and self-guided art walk await at Residence Inn at the airport.
If you have a room overlooking the runway, you may enjoy watching the planes take off and land.
My husband and I even enjoyed a self-guided art walk while we were at the hotel. There are 11 pieces of photography depicting aviation scenes donated by the State Historical Preservation Office hanging around the hotel for guests to seek out.
Plus, the inground pool opens this spring- and it’s accessible!
6. No Parking Fees.
My husband and I found this Columbus hotel perfect for those seeking a nice hotel close to downtown who don’t want to break their budget and also don’t want to pay for a valet or parking charges.
7. Free Shuttle to the Airport and Nearby.
Not only is parking provided with your room rate, but the hotel also offers a shuttle that can take you to and from the terminal and to locations up to 5-miles away. And if you’re flying out, you can even leave your vehicle parked at the hotel at no additional fee.
You’ll find the Residence Inn near the terminal at 4294 International Gateway where if you’re lucky enough to get a room facing the runway, you can relax and watch the planes take off during your stay.
To Sum Up Our Stay at Residence Inn
Originally, my husband and I were a bit apprehensive about our stay because we feared the hotel would be noisy due to the proximity to the airport. What we found was a surprisingly quiet suite facing the runway so I could watch the planes take off and land. My husband and I were both pleased that we weren’t roused from a deep sleep by the engine of a plane accelerating on the runway.
As a pet mom, sometimes I hate leaving home without our furbabies. Especially now that our kids have truly moved out and we have to make special arrangements for pet care. I wouldn’t suggest traveling with all pets and especially cats, but Finnley is our cat that is always up for an adventure. And we can count on him to behave.
I loved the well-stocked kitchen. My husband loved that we didn’t have to pay for parking. And the TV that separated the sleeping quarters from the living room area and swiveled so you could watch it in either location was a great feature.
The hotel was clean, our room was immaculate and we were comfortable staying in, munching on our charcuterie board, ordering a pizza, and watching the planes take off and land.
If you’re looking for an affordable hotel in Columbus that is minutes from the top attractions, check out the pet-friendly Residence Inn Columbus Airport.
Read the reviews here | Check rates and book here.