- 20 Unique Gift Ideas for Road Trippers - November 22, 2023
- The Best Christmas Light Displays in Ohio in 2023 - November 13, 2023
- 21 Drive Through Christmas Lights in Ohio (Updated for 2023) - November 7, 2023
I can’t believe that autumn is just around the corner!
I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to embrace the changing season by finding plenty of fun things to do in the fall right here in Ohio. I’ve even created an Ohio Fall Bucket List so when the weekend rolls around, I’ll spend less time saying “What should we do this weekend?” and more time making memories.
This list is packed with activities that you can do throughout the state.
You’ll find a variety of options that cater to couples, families, and even those cherished solo moments when all you crave is a bit of solitude.
Rather than focus on specific events, I’ve shared more general ideas that you can adapt to your local area (or not). So if you’re looking for “fall things near me”, this list should help give you some ideas.
Things to do in Fall in Ohio
There are so many fall activities in Ohio that the only problem you’ll have is planning which activities you want to do and which ones will have to wait until next year. Of course, many of these can be adapted to different seasons so if you don’t get to it this fall, it will wait until winter or spring.
If you’re looking for a day trip, check out one of our articles below for more ideas:
Here’s our list of fun things to do in the fall in Ohio.
1. Visit an apple orchard and pick your own apples.
2. Explore a pumpkin patch and find the perfect pumpkin. Pick your own pumpkins and then try your hand at carving your pumpkin with creative designs.
3. Attend a fall festival or fair. Check out our list of 40+ Things to do in Ohio in October for ideas.
4. Take a walk through one of the best cemeteries in Ohio.
5. Hop in the car and take a scenic drive along one of Ohio’s many scenic byways to marvel at the colors of the changing leaves. This leaf-peeping trip along Lake Erie’s Coastal Byway is perfect!
6. Get lost in a corn maze. Okay, getting lost may not be the goal but seems to be all I ever do.
7. Take a ghost walk.
8. Attend a football game whether that’s OSU or your favorite high school team.
9. Take a hike through one of Ohio’s picturesque state parks or nature preserves. Some of the most popular trails in Hocking Hills are stunning in the fall.
10. Visit one of the many Oktoberfest celebrations that take place throughout the state.
11. Plan a picnic and go geocaching.
12. Tour a haunted house or haunted attraction.
13. Browse a farmer’s market for fresh fall produce.
14. Dress up in your favorite comfy weather and boots and do a fun covered bridge photo shoot.
15. Host a chili cook-off OR visit the chili places throughout the state and decide which is your favorite.
16. Visit a winery for fall wine tastings.
17. Have a bonfire and roast marshmallows for s’mores.
18. Take a scenic train ride to enjoy the fall foliage.
19. Attend a fall-themed workshop at a local community center.
20. Enjoy a bike ride through Ohio’s bike trails.
21. Attend a craft fair with fall-themed items.
22. Host a fall-themed movie night with friends.
23. Explore Ohio’s historical sites and landmarks.
24. Go horseback riding.
25. Visit a local brewery for seasonal beers.
26. Attend an outdoor live music concert.
27. Plan a day trip to independently owned coffee shops and sample all the pumpkin spice drinks.
28. Take a photography walk to capture the changing leaves.
29. Plan a weekend getaway to a cozy Ohio cabin or tiny house.
30. Attend a fall-themed cooking or baking class.
31. Volunteer at a local food bank or shelter.
32. Take a scenic hot air balloon ride over Ohio.
33. Attend an Ohio fall parade with your family.
34. Plan a camping trip to enjoy Ohio’s fall nights.
35. Visit local cider mills and enjoy fresh cider and donuts.
36. Have a cozy day indoors with board games and cocoa or hot apple cider.
37. Attend a pumpkin carving contest in your community.
38. Explore one of Ohio’s botanical gardens or arboretums during the changing season.
39. Plan a romantic fall day trip to see the waterfalls in Ohio.
40. Go for a boat ride on Lake Erie.
41. Explore one of Ohio’s petting farms or zoos for fall-themed activities.
42. Take a fall farm tour.
43. Attend a fall-themed yoga or fitness class.
44. Visit local bakeries for fall-inspired treats.
45. Explore Ohio’s unique antique shops for fall decor.
46. Attend a fall theater production or play.
47. Attend a fall astronomy event or dark sky park for stargazing.
48. Plan a fall-themed brunch with friends.
49. Attend a fall-themed book club or literary event.
50. Go birdwatching to see Ohio’s migrating birds.
51. Reflect on your favorite Ohio fall memories and plan for next year. I hope these activities help you make the most of a beautiful fall season right here in Ohio.
Are your favorite fall activities listed on our fall bucket list? Leave a comment and tell me which (s) you’ve done or which (s) are on your list for this fall.